1. ECHS was established in the year 2003. An agreement with Smart Card Making agency (SITL) was signed on 27 January 2004 for a period of five years i.e. upto 2009 which was extended for one year upto 2010. Thereafter, the same company i.e. SITL was again contracted for a period of five years from May 2010 to May 2015. After the expiry of the contract, the competent authority approved issue of fresh open tenders.
2. Accordingly, RFP for new ECHS Smart Card was floated in Jul 2016. The ECHS Smart Card project was approved by Hon’ble RM on 17 Jul 2017 and subsequently, the contract was awarded to the Smart Card Making Agency, Source DOT Com Pvt Ltd on 19 Jul 2017. The application will be filled online and mode of payment for Smart Card charges will also be through online payment. Activation of Smart Card will also be possible online / through registered mobile number. New Smart Card 3. The new Smart Cards are Dual interface (contact and contactless) with Fingerprint Biometrics authentication through Aadhaar based system. The new Smart Card will enforce authorised usage as per laid down policies of the ECHS scheme so that misuse and inappropriate usage is prevented. Policies governing the authorization of the ECHS benefits to the members will be enforced through application deployed for the Smart Card.
4. Salient Features of New Smart Card.
The salient features of new ECHS Smart Card are appended below:-
(a) The physical submission of application for ECHS Smart Card has been done away with.
(b) ECHS beneficiaries can now apply online for Smart Card without visiting Regional Centres.
(c) The payment for Smart Card will also be done through online mode with options using Net Banking, Debit / Credit Card, Wallet Payments.
(d) The information regarding movement of online application till receipt of Smart Card from Station Headquarters will be intimated to beneficiaries through SMS updates.
(e) The new Smart Card is of the capacity of 64 Kb which can store vital information of the beneficiaries including their Medical History, Referral History, Medicine Issue Logs etc.
(f) In the new system, Kiosks are being deployed at ECHS Polyclinics which offers Biometric/Aadhaar/mobile based Authentication of beneficiaries, Selection of option for desired services through touch screen, Printing of Medical Slip/authentication slip and also helps in Queue Management.
(g) In the new system, Identification cum Authentication Terminals (ICAT) are being deployed at HCOs which also offers Biometric/Aadhaar/mobile based Authentication of beneficiaries.
- FAX No.: 011-25674777
- Email: an4-pay.cgda[at]nic.in
- Postal address: The CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.